Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunland Peanut Butter

I've become a little bit obsessed with nut butters. It's definitely a problem, and I'm actively seeking a nut butter support group. If anyone knows of one, shoot me an email, stat!

Brittany over at Sunland let me pick 3 jars to review. Very exciting, but not an easy task... they have so many flavors to choose from! As hard as it was, I finally settled on Organic Vanilla Cranberry, Organic Dark Chocolate and Organic Thai Ginger and Red Pepper.

The main use for nut butters at my house is in our morning oatmeal. We add a tablespoon for each of us. Since oatmeal itself can be rather bland, we like to use nut butter that's interesting. We immediately turned to Vanilla Cranberry and Dark Chocolate for this purpose. They both were very, very good... but the chocolate freak in me went crazy over the Dark Chocolate. I could very easily have taken a spoon and cuddled up with this jar and an episode of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I exercised restraint though, and shared with the mister.

Organic Thai Ginger and Red Pepper was a whole other story. This stuff was so flavorful and complex... and spicy! I used it mainly to go with dippables, like baby carrots and snow peas. But I could see using this in cooking, like perhaps in a stir fry veggie dish or something with pork or tofu.

The Sunland website is great... you can order directly from them, locate stores and check out recipes. They also have a kid friendly section with fun recipes for them!






Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

AJohnP 22 July, 2010 05:12  

I've never thought of adding something like that to my oatmeal. I usually just add cinnamon, sugar, and raisins....but this could make things a WHOLE lot better!
I'll let you know if I try it.
:-)

sammyd 22 July, 2010 13:55  

My favorite Sunland Peanut Butter Favors with Oatmeal are the Raspberry, the Carmel or the Cinnamon it just adds of whole new dimension in flavor; let’s face it, eating the same old Oatmeal is just boring. Sunland makes it fun to get your day started in the morning. Wow!!! There is a lot of flavors to choose from.

A Life Less Complicated 23 July, 2010 08:16  

omg john... i'm obsessed with oatmeal for breakfast. my inspiration comes from one of my favorite food bloggers, katheats.com. she has a whole page dedicated to oatmeal and even a video on how she makes it (with banana!!!)... we do it this way every morning! http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal/

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP