Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Friends Have Gardens and I Have 100 Posts!

Check out the giant pile of fresh from the garden veggies that was so generously shared with us by Angela. Angela is our friend Karen's mom and lucky for us... she lives right down the street :) After my shameless Facebook post the other day asking whose garden I could raid for tomatoes, several of my friends volunteered to share theirs with me. Karen was one of them, bringing with her some cucumbers from her garden when we got together last week. Then she told us that we should stop by her mom's for tomatoes. Score!


I don't have a garden but this time of year I just really crave right-from-the-ground veggies. There's such a difference between tomatoes or cucumbers that you pluck from your (or your friend's) yard and ones that you buy at the store. I really believe that the longer it takes to get to you, the more flavor it loses. Since Angela hooked us up with some basil, too, the Mister and I will be enjoying delicious caprese sandwiches for dinner!


Oh and our Hostess With The Mostess friend Kayla promised to pass on some of her heirlooms! I'm way excited about this too and will have to find an awesome recipe that will highlight their goodness. Anyone (Jim?) have any ideas? Oh, I should tell you... I don't like my tomatoes hot, unless they're super pureed. Also, I don't like onions or peppers. So some sort of salad would be great... ok, go!


So... this is my 100th post!! I can't believe I had something to say 100 times. I have gained some great followers during this time and I want to thank those of you who keep coming back! I hope I've been able to offer information and tips that have been useful. I know that I've learned a lot, as well. Thanks for all the love :)



Subscribe in a reader






Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Rhea 01 August, 2010 12:38  

Blowing some e-confetti your way for a happy 100! <3

A Life Less Complicated 01 August, 2010 12:40  

Thanks Rhea! :)

Bob Black 01 August, 2010 17:24  

Happy 100th baby! You're amazing. Keep up the incredible work.

Karen 02 August, 2010 07:25  

Congrats on your 100th post!! Awesome job.

Thanks for the shout out too. The yellow tomatoes are awesome! Had one already today.

Nance 04 August, 2010 10:47  

Congratulations on your Blog Century milestone! Lovely site. I look forward to returning. Please send tomatoes. And can I have your onions?

Kyle Leach 05 August, 2010 07:14  

Melissa, congratulations on your 100th post! It really shouldn't surprise anyone that you have much to say. You are a dynamic woman with a strong sense of self. You have clear goals and a vision that is broader than yourself. Keep writing and we will keep reading. Looking forward to the next 100!

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP