Related Posts with Thumbnails

POM Wonderful




I’m a big fan of the pomegranate. When I was writing this post, I was looking for recipes online and mostly what I found were recipes using POM juice, so I knew I had to try it.

Oh my gosh! The POM peeps sent me ALL of them to try! And the iced teas!

JUICE
POM Blueberry
POM Cherry
POM Mango
POM Kiwi
POM Nectarine

TEA:

Lychee
Peach Passion
Blackberry
Light Hibiscus
Light Wildberry

I had them sent to my office because I needed to be there to accept delivery. I definitely got some evil eye as I was stacking my bottles into the shared office refrigerator. The only solution was to share.

So, I passed a POMxTea Peach Passion to Julie and a POM Nectarine to two of my other co-workers to share.

Claudia and Derek definitely loved their POM Nectarine, but Julie wasn’t feeling the passion with her Peach. I probably should have given the peach flavor to someone who actually likes peach-flavored beverages. Oh well, live and learn.

Anywho... I took the rest of my samples home to share with the mister. Over the last several weeks we’ve managed to try everything, and I think we agree that blueberry and cherry are our all stars, with mango as a close second.

We’ve tried them straight from the bottle, cut with water or seltzer, and in smoothies. But the BEST use we’ve found was a salad dressing from the POMwonderful website. Check it:

1 cup of your favorite POM juice
4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
4 Tsp honey
4 Tsp Dijon mustard
4 Tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 Tsp fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon

Blend or shake until well blended. Swoon.

I’ve been looking for a salad dressing recipe for a while now, and I’m so happy that I found this one. I can see using it as a marinade, as well.

So why should you include pomegranate juice in your diet? It’s about the antioxidants. And who couldn’t use a few more antioxidants in their life? Check out this chart from the POM Wonderful website:

POM has a whole line of products beyond the juice and tea. They also produce and iced coffee, Antioxidant Recovery for Athletes, POMx Pills, POMx bars and a POMx Shot.

Check out their website for more info. It's a really great one, with tons of recipes and info.




Bookmark and Share


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP