Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lundberg Family Farms Brown Rice Couscous

The Mission:

"Lundberg Family Farms is a leader in producing and marketing high quality organic and eco-farmed rice products in a sustainable and beneficial manner." I love a good mission, don't you?

I also love a good couscous. And this one is made from brown rice, so it's extra healthy, not to mention wheat free and gluten free!

Lundberg Family Farms generously sent me 4 samples:

  • Plain Original
  • Savory Herb
  • Mediterranean Curry
  • Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil

My favorites were definitely Mediterranean Curry and Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil. This stuff cooks fast, though not as fast as regular couscous of course. I should say that it definitely has a couscous-ey feel but you definitely know it's brown rice. Make sense?

I do like what they've done here... there are people close to me who live gluten free and I know it's a struggle for them to find side dishes. So offering something a little different that is rice-like but with a fluffier texture is smart.

I don't think that I would buy the flavored varieties, though I do like them. I would just prefer to add my own spices, since I like to control what I put in my food. But Plain Original is a nice, quick side dish that would be worth keeping in the cabinet for those nights when I need something quick. Oh! The other night, I made the Plain and used my Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets. Definitely recommend that combo!!

Lundberg Family Farms does offer other brown rice products (pasta, syrup, cakes, risotto), which you can order through their online store or check out their store locator on their website. The website also offers recipe ideas.







Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Wendie Tobin 23 July, 2010 13:22  

These are the people that make the awesome risotto I (used to) love.

A Life Less Complicated 23 July, 2010 13:54  

You don't love them anymore because the product changed, or because you stopped eating carbs?

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP